Warehouse stocktaking is the activity of physically checking and confirming the inventory in a warehouse. It has several benefits, such as:
– It helps to keep inventory records correct and prevent errors between the actual stock and the stock recorded in the books or software1.
– It helps to detect and avoid stock loss caused by theft, damage, spoilage, misplacement, or returns.
– It helps to improve inventory management and lower storage costs by finding out which items are slow-moving or outdated and preventing too much or too little stock.
– It helps to enhance customer service and boost sales by making sure there is enough and varied stock to meet customer demand.
– It helps to follow accounting standards and report truthful financial statements by showing the real value of inventory assets.
– It helps to learn from inventory data and make better decisions based on facts and trends.
– It helps to get better deals and terms with vendors and suppliers based on inventory data.
– It helps to save time by using software or tools to do inventory tasks automatically.
– It helps to make more money by increasing inventory turnover and profit margins.
– It helps to arrange warehouse space effectively based on demand, product combinations, and other factors.
– It helps to work well with back-office systems, suppliers, and third-party logistics (3PL) providers.
Warehouse stocktaking is therefore a key activity for any business that deals with goods. By doing regular stocktaking, a business can improve its inventory control, performance, and profitability.
We support Warehouses and Factories to get ready for the count to increase efficiency. Its not always possible and feasible for warehouses and factories to hire extra staff for stocktakes. Whether its small parts or large pallets we can count it for you. We can divide warehouse in to small locations and can produce reports with sku to make it convenient for you to keep records accurate.